I'm off on a new adventure to Dresden, Germany. Here you can find tales of my travels and images of my latest artwork.

22.10.10

F is for Frog... and also Frosch

When I first decided to make an animal alphabet book, I thought I would make it in English since I speak and write in English about a thousand times better than I can speak or write in German.  BUT, I am living in Germany and the baby I am making the book for is German... so that left me with a dilemma... which language to use to make the alphabet book?

It took me a lot longer to come up with a solution that it probably should have, but here it is:  most animals start with the same letter in English and German!  Fancy that!  Sometimes, the name of the animal is even EXACTLY THE SAME!

So, problem solved.  With the exception of a few letters that didn't have animals with names beginning with the same letter, I was convinced that I could make all the letters and animals and add the names later.

Here is "F is for Frog" a.k.a. "F wie Frosch"


No comments: