I'm off on a new adventure to Dresden, Germany. Here you can find tales of my travels and images of my latest artwork.

9.11.10

I wish I had an art store in my house...

Today I went for a nice walk in the brisk fall weather then took the tram to my favorite art store.
Taking the tram is much better in the fall and winter than in the summer. Like everything else in Germany, trams are not air conditioned, and when the bathing policy for most is "at least once a week," let me tell you- trams and summer just aren't worth it- I'd rather walk.

But, I walked halfway and decided to save some time by taking the tram the rest of the way there.

Here is my favorite art store:
Well, actually, a tiny part of my favorite art store, the Gerstaecker.  Every time I go there, not only do I want to take everything home, and usually spend at least twice what I was planning, but I also wish my house looked just like this inside.  How cool would it be to have all this awesome art supplies as your interior decoration?  Looks cool AND is useful... But alas, unless I win the lottery, I'll just have to dream...

On the way home from the art store I stopped to check on the progress of the Striezelmarkt construction.  There were at least twice as many little houses, AND the Christmas tree was up!



My favorite thing at the Striezelmarkt (so far) is the entrance sign, which is like a giant schwibbogen.  I can't wait to see everything lit up!

No comments: