I'm off on a new adventure to Dresden, Germany. Here you can find tales of my travels and images of my latest artwork.

4.12.10

Königstein Medieval Market

My mom and my sister still had lots of shopping to do today and since stores aren't open on Sunday here and they're leaving Monday, we had to brave the crowds and push our way through the malls and the markets.

I'm not sure if you've ever been shopping on Black Friday, or maybe the day before Christmas when everyone's running around like crazy people, but there were SOOOO many people out shopping today!
Here is the mall entrance:
The crosswalk: 
 And the inside of the mall:

I just couldn't believe the amount of people and the lines we had to wait in to buy anything.  I've heard that Dresden is so crazy because there aren't any good malls nearby, but this was way more crazy than I've ever seen it.  Note to self:  do not go shopping on Saturday from now until Christmas.


We brought back all of our purchases and bundled up as much as we could to go to Festung Königstein for their Medieval Market.  Unfortunately, my mom and sisters luggage STILL ISN'T here, so they were pretty cold...

It was a really cool market with lots of people dressed in Medieval garb and lots of cool handmade presents and food and gluhwein and people.  It was dark and firelit, so we didn't get many good pictures of the actual market, but the Castle grounds were decorated and were beautiful at night.




No comments: