I'm off on a new adventure to Dresden, Germany. Here you can find tales of my travels and images of my latest artwork.

1.2.11

Snowboarding!

The weather in Austria is fantastic!!  Warm and sunny, but still enough snow to snowboard on!

We spent Sunday, Monday and most of Tuesday snowboarding.  I was so excited to get out on the slopes that I got up super early on Sunday.  Here is the very early dawn out our window.

We snowboarded at a mountain close to our apartment (we could walk there) on Sunday.  
From the lift

Bob on the lift.

I haven't been snowboarding very long.  After just the first day I was covered in bruises.  Here is one of the times I wasn't falling.

The first mountain was nice, but the most beautiful views were from the Glacier- the highest mountain in the ski valley.  It was so high up that to get to the top, there were THREE gondolas.  Crazy.

We had a blast snowboarding.  There isn't much else to say about how awesome I am at it, so here are some pictures to show how incredible it was.



Looking down into the valley where we stayed.
After a long day of snowboarding, it was always nice to stop at one of the mountain huts at the top or bottom of a lift, or this little place at the bottom of the Glacier, for a drink or a snack.

And it was even nicer to get home to a warm shower!


No comments: