I'm off on a new adventure to Dresden, Germany. Here you can find tales of my travels and images of my latest artwork.

3.3.11

Another Cake...

After my last attempt at cake-baking in Germany, I was (apparently) so successful, that I received a request to bake another shaped cake for a friend of ours for her daughter's birthday party.  It's a princess party so the cake is going to be a frog prince.

This time, I cheated.


It IS for a child's birthday though, and I picture little kids liking funfetti.  NOT strawberry lime.  Plus, not having to make my own cake cut down on preparation time by about 3 hours.  Awesome.

So after 2 hours of baking... Here is what I had.


You tell me how that's going to make a frog prince cake, because I surely had no idea...

The rest of Day 1 of cake making consisted of cutting all those nice rectangular cakes apart and making them into this:


hmmm... hope it looks better with green frosting!!!  

On tomorrow's agenda... finish cake.


No comments: