I'm off on a new adventure to Dresden, Germany. Here you can find tales of my travels and images of my latest artwork.

20.3.11

Sessions, Sessions and More Sessions, and of course, FREE STUFF!

The art conference was AWESOME!  I went to a whole  bunch of workshops on making art projects, saw some seminars about cool things like the Google Doodlers, and got a bunch of free samples from the exhibition hall.

Here are some of the coolest parts of the conference:

Making Art Projects:

I learned that you can use the recycled paper insulation (for your house) to make really cool paper mache sculptures. 

Definitely making these at my next job!

Cool Things I Learned About:

Google Doodlers:  One of the Google Doodlers gave a talk about how the doodlers make doodles and showed us a whole bunch of different doodles.  He also talked about the Doodle 4 Google competition (which all kids reading this blog should do because it is super awesome, and if you win, you get your doodle on Google and all sorts of other good stuff.)  Check out some awesome doodles here.  See what I learned about here.

Wayland:  Wayland is a marine artist that makes giant murals- in fact, he's made over 100!  He gave a really inspirational talk and showed some images of the murals he's made.  We even got to do a "draw along" with Wayland.
Wayland painting in the exhibition hall.
FREE SAMPLES:

All I have to say on this one is I'm glad I brought an extra suitcase.

Seattle is also a really cool city for Art Glass.  We saw a lot of fancy glass art, espcially by my favorite glass artist, Dale Chihuly


No comments: