I'm off on a new adventure to Dresden, Germany. Here you can find tales of my travels and images of my latest artwork.

11.4.11

Bier Gartens... Not Just for Beer

Sunday started out as a fabulous day.  It was warm, the sun was shining, and I got my most favorite morning beverage, a milchkaffee, from the McCafe, complete with a chocolate.

We took a stroll down the Elbe to a beer garden called the Fährgarten.  Not because it is really far away, but because in German fähre is ferry and the beer garden is right next to the ferry.  Pretty clever right?  We'd never been before, but we were invited to the birthday celebration of our friends' little girl who was turning three.  Funny place for a birthday party, you say?  Maybe, except that this beer garden has an awesome pirate-ship playground.  The kids had a blast, and I got to eat chocolate cake, so I was a happy camper too.

We stayed for a few hours before deciding to take the ferry across the river to our new favorite Sunday destination, Waldschloßchen.  Every Sunday, they have live music and cheap drinks.  So we sat around listening to the band...
sorry about the pole, Bob took this one...
and eating bratwurst and currywurst and pretzels.
Our friend chowing down on some currywurst.
It was a great day spent outside.

*Side note: even if it is only 60°, you should still wear sunscreen.  I now am a lovely shade of pink.

No comments: