I'm off on a new adventure to Dresden, Germany. Here you can find tales of my travels and images of my latest artwork.

10.6.11

It's A...

There are lots of words and/or phrases that could complete this sentence... And for those of you who haven't been living with me in Dresden for the past few months, the word I choose is probably going to be a surprise...

GIRL!

Yes, we're having a baby, and it's going to be a girl :)  Sometime in the beginning of October, our small family of four (of course I count my cats!) is going to be a somewhat larger family of five!

Kind of hard to see her, but there's totally a nose and a mouth!
We couldn't be more excited, though I am a bit anxious about moving from Dresden to temporary housing in NY, to a semi-permanent apartment in NY, to a house in NY, while having a small baby introduced into our lives somewhere in between those three, but it's all going to work out...

Since I'll be leaving Dresden and probably won't be traveling much or have time to make artwork for a while, I've also decided to start a new blog.  I don't guarantee the new blog to be quite as kid-friendly all the time, as sometimes preparing for (and I'm assuming being) a mom is a little stressful and requires some serious venting...   though I do hope to include some awesome art projects for kids...

I'll keep up this blog until we get home and then I'll be posting mostly to dribblesnibblesscribbles.blogspot.com.

No comments: