I'm off on a new adventure to Dresden, Germany. Here you can find tales of my travels and images of my latest artwork.

31.8.10

We Have FURNITURE!

26 August 2010

One of the greatest inventions ever is probably the air mattress.  Its cool because you can fold it up and store it in a closest or cabinet, and then in 5 minutes, with the help of electricity, you have a full sized, fairly comfortable bed.  HOWEVER, air mattress are great for a few days.  Maybe even a week.  But after a while, they're too squishy and rubbery.  And after 5 weeks, you kind of feel like you've been stranded in the ocean on a raft for too long.  SO, I was EXTREMELY happy when our shipment came.  We now have furniture.  Including an uninflatable bed.  And a computer.  And the internet.  And art supplies.

The worst part about receiving the shipment was the guys that brought it.  They were all over 50 and chain smoked, which concerned me because I didn't want anyone breaking anything or having a heart attack while carrying our sofas up the stairs.  Also, they didn't speak any English.  Which I thought would be ok because I speak a little German.  BUT, they didn't speak German either.  Well, at least the German I know... they had a ridiculous Saxon accent (picture you don't know much English, and then you have to have a conversation with someone in the deep South).  Good thing I have a German speaking friend...

I love art supplies and computers!

No comments: