I'm off on a new adventure to Dresden, Germany. Here you can find tales of my travels and images of my latest artwork.

16.3.11

I'm Here!!

I made it safe and sound to NH.  Of course, I couldn't arrive on time at 7:00pm as planned, my plane didn't get there until 11:30 which made for a pretty long day of traveling.

Upon arriving at the airport, I checked in, went through security and was sitting happily at my gate munching on apples and reading my kindle when an airline attendent came over and told us all that the plane to Munich was simply "broken" and was cancelled.  So we all trudged down into the baggage claim, claimed our bags, went back upstairs, stood in the hour long line (and I was only 4 people from the front) and made new travel plans.

Unfortunately, my travel plans re-routed me through Dulles- my LEAST favorite airport EVER because of their crazy "mobile lounges" and long lines and disorganization.  I've never successfully or easily boarded a plane or made a connection in Dulles.  BUT, I did want to get home to Boston.

Crazily, from sitting on the plane, taxiing at Dulles at 8:45 - just 50 minutes before my next flight - I managed to get off the plane, walk down the mile long corridor to customs, get my passport checked, claim my bag, get my bag checked through customs, re-check my bag, run through the airport to the nearest flight listing board 10 gates away, check my flight, and scramble to my gate BEFORE IT EVEN STARTED BOARDING.  Amazing.  I may have to rethink my opinion of Dulles... or only travel through Dulles after 8:30pm.

So I successfully got on my third flight of the day and made it home to Boston.  An hour and fifteen minute car ride later, I was home in my house petting my ridiculously fluffy cat, and an hour after that, I was happily sleeping (at what I felt like was 7:00am!!).

Needless to say, today was a day of taking it easy.  Though I did bring my sketchbook in case of creative inspiriation.  Sure enough, I was fascinated with my sister's angelfish who has survived an angelfish-on-angelfish attack.

Here are some quick sketches.  Maybe fish drawings will be my new obsession after alphabet books!!


No comments: