I'm off on a new adventure to Dresden, Germany. Here you can find tales of my travels and images of my latest artwork.

27.3.11

Saratoga Springs

While I'm home in NH, I decided it would be a good idea to drive over to New York to check out the Saratoga area, since we'll be moving back in July.  There are three apartment complexes we have a choice of staying in, and since we've been starting to look at houses, I wanted to check out all the little towns near Saratoga to see what they were like.

The drive to Saratoga Springs from New Hampshire is about 3 and a half hours.  My favorite part of the drive is stopping at the Vermont Country Deli.  They have the best giant cookies ever!

We had a lot of little towns to drive through, but unfortunately, its hard to take good pictures while you're driving the speed limit and looking out the window of the car, so I don't have a lot of pictures of the towns we drove through.  Many of them were really cute.  Some were a little too rural (without even a stoplight...) and some were a little too built up.  After driving through all of them, I have a much better idea of where I want to start house shopping!

On Friday I had appointments to visit some apartment complexes. It's all a little overwhelming, but I'm glad I visited and know my living options for when we get here.  We'll probably live in a furnished apartment for 6-9 months while we try to find a house. 

I'm really excited to move back home, especially because I'll be the closest to my family I've been since college (and even that was an 8 hour drive!).  And the Saratoga area is beautiful and there's tons to do there.  Only 3 1/2 months left in Germany- I'm sad we'll have to leave, but I'm looking forward to going back this weekend and enjoying the rest of my time there.

No comments: