I'm off on a new adventure to Dresden, Germany. Here you can find tales of my travels and images of my latest artwork.

4.4.11

A Very Bad Blogger...

Wow... I have not posted anything for a while.  I'm sorry I'm such a bad blogger.  But, to be honest, after getting back from Saratoga, I just needed the rest of my New Hampshire vacation for lounging around and relaxing (and eating lemon cupcakes, which were delicious, by the way).

My April resolution is to take more pictures and post more stuff.  I always seem not to have my camera or forget to take pictures of things (like the lemon cupcakes) until it's too late (like after they were all eaten).

The trip back to Dresden was pretty uneventful.  It felt like it took 6 days and I was super tired when I got home.  I slept my Friday away, and despite Bob's best efforts to get me up on Saturday, jet-lag won and the kitties and I slept until noon (they missed me- it was SOO cute).

By Saturday afternoon I was up for some time at the park (but did I bring my camera to take pictures of the tightrope walkers and the small children that kept migrating to our blankets to play with our Bocce balls?  of course not).

And by Saturday night Sushi & Wine sounded great (again, camera?  no...).  The mall next to our house also expanded and is now twice the size, so after dinner we did some midnight shopping (really, the mall was open until midnight.  Usually it's only open until 9, which is a huge deal in Dresden because nothing is open later than 8!).

Bob did manage to snap this picture of the "red carpet", complete with bell-hops and balloons.

Sunday we went for a walk to enjoy the 75˚ weather.  FINALLY, I remembered that I had a blog and that I should take pictures.  (I think jet-lag affects memory...)

The trees were flowering and there were people EVERYWHERE.  I have never seen so many people lying out on public grassy areas for no reason other than to enjoy the weather.  I think it may have even rivaled the 4th of July (in Concord, NH anyway).




And now, it is Monday.  At 8:05am.  I am very tired.  I want to be sleeping.  But I kind of feel like if I keep sleeping until noon, I'll never get un-jet-lagged, so here I am blogging.  Maybe after this, I'll take a nap :).

No comments: