I'm off on a new adventure to Dresden, Germany. Here you can find tales of my travels and images of my latest artwork.

19.5.11

Back in Dresden

We arrived back in Dresden and took it easy on Monday night- traveling is exhuasting!

Tuesday we took a day trip to Freiberg, about an hour away, to see the cute town and visit Schloß Freudenstein.  The castle houses a museum of minerals.  Like millions of rocks with crystals.  It was pretty incredible to walk through, though I'm not sure how some of the visitors were taking the time to read every label.

A tower as we entered Freiberg
some rocks glow in black light!


so many rocks!



Yesterday we squeezed in some last minute shopping before I had to bring my mom to the airport.

AND... today I'm in a funk.  I'm a little sad to not be in Dubrovnik by the sea, and a little sad not to have permanent company, and really upset as I realized today that in exactly TWO MONTHS I will be boarding a plane with my kitties to go back to the US for good :(

So that concludes my "frowny face" post for today.  Maybe I'll feel better after I get rolling on planning our last few trips...

But to end on a happy note, in Freiberg we saw some baby ducks.  AWWWWWWW!

No comments: