I'm off on a new adventure to Dresden, Germany. Here you can find tales of my travels and images of my latest artwork.

29.5.11

A Saturday at...

You guessed it, our favorite bier garten!

Unfortunately, the weather wasn't as nice as forecasted- it was a little cool and partly cloudy, BUT I have to say, I'd much rather it be cooler than hotter, so I wasn't complaining.

On our way to the bier garten, we saw a parade- the start of Deutcher Evangelical Kirchentag which starts on Wednesday.  It's a big festival that's held in a different city each year- this year in Dresden.



Once we arrived at the bier garten, we realized they're going all out for this celebration.  We might just have to check it out.


The beginnings of a stage and bleachers
Covering a giant cross
We spent the day relaxing in the semi-sunshine with our friends.
My 6 year old friend picked this bouquet of flowers, beautifully arranged in the imported coors light can

Bob practiced his building skills on some ponies

and the guys got thoroughly involved in a silly game called fox-tail that they take WAY too seriously

No comments: