I'm off on a new adventure to Dresden, Germany. Here you can find tales of my travels and images of my latest artwork.

1.12.10

Visitors and Christmas Markets

My mom and sister finally arrived after a 25 & something hour trip.  Ridiculous.  But they were good sports and after a good night's sleep we were ready to see some Christmas Markets.

There are actually about 7 different Christmas Markets that go on in Dresden alone (crazy!), but the biggest is right outside our apartment building.  It's officially called the Striezelmarkt and its where we spent most of our day yesterday.

Even though it meant a terrible trip for my family, I'm so glad it snowed all day on Monday because the Christmas Market is that much more Christmassy.  All the little houses are snow-covered and have icicles dripping from their eaves...

It was even more beautiful at night.
The tiny market on the OTHER side of our building
The giant tree, lit up and snow covered
A cute booth selling schwebbogens
A giant lit up "pyramid" and some hanging stars (so pretty!!)
Time for Christmas Markets day two!

No comments: